Family Medicine & Sports Medicine
Meet Dr. Marcia Whalen
Family Medicine & Sports Medicine | Newport Beach
- Board certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Family Practice
- Fellow, American Osteopathic Association of Sports Medicine
- Member, American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- Member, American Osteopathic Association
- Author, “Selected Issues in Injury and Illness Prevention and the Team Physician: A Consensus Statement”; Medicine and Science in Sport and Exercise, July 2009
- USOC Team Physician 2012 Olympics, London
- On staff at Hoag Hospital since 2000
- Faculty Member NBOME Clinical Department of Family Medicine
If I could share one insight on wellness…
“Eat real food. If you consistently eat food that comes from the earth, you’ll be more successful in meeting your health and wellness goals—plus you’ll feel and look better.”
Marcia Whalen, D.O.
Investing enough time to get to know my patients is a priority and has innumerable benefits. It allows me to personalize their treatment, which is the art to the more commonly known science of medicine. And if there are any emergencies, I know the patient well enough to truly become an advocate for their best interests.
Sports medicine expert
Dr. Whalen is highly skilled in Sports Medicine and lectures nationally to other physicians. She served as a board member of the Academy of Sports Medicine and as a volunteer physician for the United States Olympic Team in 2012 Olympics. She was head team physician for USA water polo for four years. Dr. Whalen graduated from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed her residency in family medicine. She secured a fellowship in Sports Medicine at St. Barnabas Medical Center, New Jersey.
Dedicated chef and traveler
Dr. Whalen loves cooking tasty, nutritious meals for her family. She also loves traveling, and has her sights set on exploring Southeast Asia and South America.
PersonalCare • 500 Superior Avenue, Suite 100, Newport Beach, CA 92663 • 949.706.3300
PersonalCare empowers members to be the healthiest people in the world.