Meet Dr. Kory Tuominen
Family Medicine | Aliso Viejo
- Board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Board certified by the American Board of Laser Surgery
- Member of the American Academy of Family Physicians
- Member, International Association for Physicians in Aesthetic Medicine
- Co-Author, “The Use of the World-Wide Web to Family Practice Physicians,” Minnesota Medicine, November 1996
- Former Chief of Staff, Lake City Medical Center, Mayo Health System, MN
- Former Emergency Care Physician for the National Emergency Services, MN
- Hospital privileges, Mission Hospital, St. Joseph Health System
If I could share one insight on wellness…
“I view myself as an advocate for my patients and want to encourage personal accountability. That’s why I focus on helping patients first learn the tools needed for optimal wellness and then the skills to execute.”
Kory L. Tuominen, M.D.
Constantly learning from each patient—if every interaction is seen as an opportunity to become more familiar with a patient, that knowledge and bond is powerful in understanding their overall health and wellness. Asking creative questions across a broad spectrum helps to reach unique solutions for each patient. It’s why I focus on treating the person and not the condition.
A History of Caring
Dr. Tuominen graduated Magna Cum Laude and received a St. Mary’s Academic Scholarship from the University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis. He conducted his medical residency in Duluth, MN. While there, he participated in the Rural Physicians Associate Program and was both an urgent care and emergency care physician in Minnesota. He also became CEO and President of his own company, an aesthetic medicine practice. After moving his family to California, he became part of the Mission Heritage Medical Group before joining the PersonalCare family of physicians.
Dedicated Athlete and Traveler
Dr. Tuominen is a runner and competes in many athletic competitions. He has participated in triathlons and Tough Mudders—not just for the sake of personal fitness, but he enjoys seeing a community of people come together to participate in fitness activities. As a consummate explorer, Dr. Tuominen also has a huge passion for travel, culture and new experiences. He enjoys exploring new communities, both across southern California and the world.
PersonalCare • 26671 Aliso Creek Road, Suite 304, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 • 949.556.3304
PersonalCare empowers members to be the healthiest people in the world.