Meet Dr. Jeffrey Barke
Family Medicine | Newport Beach
- Board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Associate Clinical Professor, University of California, Irvine School of Medicine, Department of Family Practice
- Chairman, Physician Wellness Committee, Hoag Memorial Hospital
- Board of Directors, Orange County Medical Association
- Member, California Academy of Family Physicians
- Member, American Association of Physicians and Surgeons
- Founder, PersonalCare Physicians of Newport Beach
If I could share one insight on wellness…
“Tell your doctor about more than your specific illness. Knowing you and your history helps your doctors treat your illness and develop a plan to keep you healthy. Medicine is much more than treating symptoms; it’s about treating people. It is the relationship with a patient that is most important.”
Jeffrey Barke, M.D.
Patients want to know that I care, before they care what I know. This means I spend the time necessary to truly understand my patients’ needs, goals and lifestyle so we can work together to do more than just treat illness—we create a plan for personal wellness.
Visionary and educator
Dr. Barke co-founded PersonalCare—the first primary care concierge medical group in Southern California. He saw a need for a new model based on spending more one-on-one time with patients and using in-depth diagnostic technology in order to create a more personalized wellness plan and more coordinated emergency care.
Dr. Barke earned his medical degree from the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine. He completed his internship and residency at the University of California, Irvine where he currently serves today as Associate Clinical Professor. Dr. Barke earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Southern California.
Dedicated husband, father and advocate
Dr. Barke has many passions, including family and community. He married his high school sweetheart and they have two children. He is the medical director of Pathways to Independence, a non-profit organization helping women at risk, and through PersonalCare, provides care to those in need. In addition, Dr. Barke is an elected member of the Los Alamitos Unified School District Board of Governers.
PersonalCare • 500 Superior Avenue, Suite 100, Newport Beach, CA 92663 • 949.706.3300
PersonalCare empowers members to be the healthiest people in the world.