Meet Dr. Elaine King
Family Medicine | Irvine
- Board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Diplomate of the American Academy of Family Physicians
- Assistant Clinical Professor, School of Medicine at University of California, Irvine
- UCI School of Medicine Alumni Board of Directors
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Foundation 552 Club Board Director
- Received Orange County Medical Association Physician of Excellence Award, 2015
- Received “America’s Top Family Doctors” award by the Consumers’ Research Council of America, 2004 – 2010
- Physician Recognition Award by the American Medical Association, 2002 – present
- Received Excellence in Service award by Kaiser Permanente Family Medicine, 2002
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Certification by China Beijing International Acupuncture Training Center, 1999
If I could share one insight on wellness…
“Being healthy allows you to pursue your passion in life – and pursuing a passion in life helps you stay healthy!”
Elaine Y. King, M.D.
Great care starts with listening carefully to my patients and understanding their backgrounds. Understanding is key to developing life-long relationships with my patients and their families – it defines what is healthy and happy for them. Healthcare should harmonize fitness, nutrition and medicine; it should never be one-size-fits-all. This personal touch coupled with a holistic approach empowers me to be both a better partner and an advocate for my patients. That is what family medicine really means to me.
Dr. King grew up in Irvine and received her medical degree from the University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine in 1999. She also completed her undergraduate studies at UCI and graduated with honors in Biological Sciences. She completed her residency in Family Medicine at Kaiser Permanente in Riverside, and has been serving Southern California families ever since. She is a volunteer speaker at numerous health fairs, local companies and health organizations throughout Orange County.
Dedicated Musician and Linguist
Dr. King is a classical concert pianist and is winner of several U.S. Regional and International classical competitions. She is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and Shanghainese, both spoken and written, and she has a basic comprehension of French.
PersonalCare • 16300 Sand Canyon Avenue, #209, Irvine, CA 92618 • 949.216.6900
PersonalCare empowers members to be the healthiest people in the world.