Family Medicine & Sports Medicine
Meet Dr. David R. Bloom
Family Medicine & Sports Medicine | Newport Beach
- Board Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Board Certified in Sports Medicine, by the American Board of Family Practice
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of California Irvine
- Board Member, Governing Board, Huntington Beach Hospital
- Member: American College of Sports Medicine, American Academy of Family Physicians, California Medical Association, Orange County Medical Association
- Former Chief of Staff, and current privileges, Department of Family Practice, Huntington Beach Hospital
- Former Chair, and current privileges, Department of Family Practice, Hoag Memorial Hospital
If I could share one insight on wellness…
“Prevention is critical. What you know and the action you take has a powerful impact on your longevity and quality of life.”
David R. Bloom, M.D.
Forging a relationship based on trust with my patients is critical to me. I want my patients to know that I care about their well-being and that they can trust me to carefully consider and weigh their best health/treatment options. I also work diligently to make “the numbers” real for my patients—for example, what’s the rationale behind test results and how do they affect a patient’s life? What’s the “reason” or the “why” behind the science of the medicine? How does work, family, stress affect overall wellness? This understanding is part of a well-rounded health plan.
Sports Medicine Leader
Dr. Bloom received his medical degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. He completed his residency at the University of California, Irvine, where he is still an Assistant Clinical Professor. He also has been a team phyisican specializing in sports medicine for a range of teams, including Orange Coast College, Orange County Lawmen (Police Football League), Los Angeles Riptide (Major League Lacrosse), Pro Beach Hockey, the 2003 World Gymnastics Championships and the Senior PGA Toshiba Classic.
Dr. Bloom enjoys engaging with the community and his lifelong interest is a passion for public safety.
PersonalCare • 500 Superior Avenue, Suite 100, Newport Beach, CA 92663 • 949.706.3300
PersonalCare empowers members to be the healthiest people in the world.