The start of a new year is a great time to reflect on past choices and take steps to make healthier ones. PersonalCare physicians and HealthFit coaches share their personal resolutions for 2019. We hope that these will help you have a healthy and happy year ahead.
- Read more than I watch TV. (After football season)
- Text less. Call more.
- More healthy fat, less simple carbs.
Wray Watkins, HealthFit Coach
- Drink at least 100 ounces of water daily. See this blog post for tips to stay hydrated.
- Take 10 minutes a day of quiet time to myself ( it’s tough with 3 kids…lol).
- Daily mobility stretches 5 times a week.
- Sleep at least 7 hours a night (aim for 8)
- Cut off all calories 3 hours before bed and try to go 12-14 hours between last meal of the day and first meal of the next day.
- Eat more plants, less animals. Aim to be 90% plant based.
- Drink at least 90 ounces of water a day.
- Meditate 20 mins daily.
Margie, Practice Manager of Newport Beach
- Less phone/ screen time
- Keep a personal daily planner and write down goals.
- Eat less red meat.
- Give more hugs.
- Stay well hydrated with ~100 oz of water daily
- Be mindful of the little things each day which make you smile (even when working)
- Try to combine some protein when eating any simple carbs
- Daily fitness activity, even if it’s 15 minutes of stairs or a walk with a hill
Matt Ross, HealthFit Coach
- Watch refined sugars. Monitor high sugary snacks and drinks.
- Aim for more plant-based proteins/foods.
- Drink water: 80-100 oz daily.
- Eat more healthy fats.
- Increase your Omega-3’s.
- Be active.
- Be purposeful.
- Be grateful.
Our physicians and team members are here to help you set and stick to your own new year’s resolutions. As a PersonalCare member, you’ll have 24/7 access to your personal physician, with whom you’ll forge a bond as you work together to craft a plan to confidently manage your overall health and wellness. Contact us today.